How to connect your Iphone's Wifi to the Xbox 360 and Xbox One (and Scorpio)
I was recently tidying chords behind the TV and I managed to break the internet when I un-plugged the modem - the connection to the ISP just couldn't be made.
I was gutted as I wanted to play some Dead Space but my game save was 'in the cloud' so I was prevented from playing.
I sat defeated cursing my first world problem. Whilst doing so I got a text message on my Iphone and I got a little twinkle in my eye.
I could try and use the Wifi Hotspot function the phone has and see if the Xbox 360 would accept that as a source of internet.
The short answer, is yes, you can connect the iphone's wifi to the Xbox!
Here's how to connect the two devices:
- Turn your iphone's Personal Hot Spot on.
- Turn on the Xbox
- If you have an ethernet plugged in to the xbox, remove it.
- Go to the Network settings section of the Xbox
- Identify the wireless signal of your Iphone - it will be your Iphone's name. Select it.
- Enter the password of your hotspot wifi as given to you on the phone.
- Once satisfied the connection has been made, sign into Xbox as per normal and you are away.
I imagine this little trick is also be able to be used by Android phones and the like that have the same wifi hotspot connections.